Message #1273

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: [MC4D] Re: Announcing MC4D for Android
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 05:57:52 -0000

So it could be the following way:
it you press left bottom corner of the screen by one finger, and drag picture with another finger, it works as 4D rotation of the picture, and if you press right bottom corner, then dragging up/down will work as 4D sliding, and left/right as Z-rotation? Like virtual ctrl and shift buttons on the screen.
And face rotations… Catch one face with one finger, keep it in place and twist with another finger… It may be 90-deg rotations again (6 movements) or free 3D rotations with positioning to the closest possible orientation after the twist. It could be great interface! It’s pity that screen is too small, may be no room for the second finger movements. Equivalent in the desktop application: click some face to define that you’ll work with it, then rotate it (as 3D object with fixed point) to the proper position. It may be more understandable for common users than current "ticker-based twist definition. But I’m not sure.
If I find multy-finger events in C# for tablet screen, I’ll try to do something like that. But not sure that it will work in the hyperbolic space…
Andrey