Message #1259

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Announcing MC4D for Android
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:20:09 -0800

Dear Cubists,

I have just finished porting MC4D to the Android platform and uploaded
version 1.0 to the Google Market. I did this largely to help teach
myself Android development, but also just because I can! :-) It’s a
very stripped-down version for the {4,3,3} 3 only, and supports
scrambling 1, 2, or 3 random twists plus Solve. It was tricky to come up
with a usable touch screen UI but I think it works. You can tap stickers
to twist clockwise and long-tap for counter clockwise. One fun feature
is that you can shake the phone to undo a miss-click. Pinch-To-Zoom can
improve your tapping accuracy. It can be a useful practice exercise
while you are on the go but mostly it’s just a nice toy that you can
fool around with and show to your friends.

So if you have an Android phone, please search for "Magic Cube 4D" in
the Google Market and install the app. Once you have successfully
installed and run it, please help to promote it by going back to the
Market to rate it highly and also leave a positive comment if you like.
If you have any trouble at all, please send me direct email so that I
can help or fix it as soon as possible.

Enjoy!
-Melinda