Message #1243

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: [MC4D] Re: 3D-only rotations in MHT633
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 06:53:40 -0000

— In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, Roice Nelson <roice3@…> wrote:

> I realized that for a 3^4 "in sphere view", the 1C sticker would always
> block seeing further than the location that is antipodal to the camera in
> S3, regardless of shrink settings. So you could never see beyond that. You
> potentially could see beyond the antipode for the 4^4 though, assuming the
> camera is invisible anyway :) I still think an "in sphere" view might work
> well and would be interesting to play with…
>
> Roice

It’s correct only for face-centered camera position. Once you shift center from stickers you will see through antipode point, but objects around this point will be very large and distorted, and objects behind it will be inverted in some sense. So it may be interesting, but not fit for the puzzle.

Andrey