Message #1242

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: 3D-only rotations in MHT633
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 20:11:39 -0500

Argh! Scratch the "assuming the camera is invisible" comment. I was
letting my rays get ahead of themselves and wrap back around to the viewer.
And profuse apologies for the extra spam.

To try to make this correction a useful post, let me mention that this
particular lapse came from me recalling portions of a very nice discussion
of this exact topic in Thurston’s "Three-Dimensional Geometry and Topology".
See "Example 1.4.2 (the three sphere from the inside)", starting on page

  1. The short two page discussion is visible in google
    books<http://books.google.com/books?id=9kkuP3lsEFQC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Three+dimensional+geometry+and+topology&hl=en&ei=BbTQTKT2C8WAlAe2q529Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false>,
    and very readable :) I’ll make myself scarce now…

Cheers,
Roice