Message #1140

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] First Hyperspeedcubing Challenge
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 13:17:32 -0700

I like the idea of a test run though even that may be difficult
enough. I also like the idea of real-time communication on a chat
system. We talked about doing that before for a 2^4 contest in which
even seconds might matter. It may not be as important for larger puzzles
but I’m willing to try. Since we know that everyone has a Yahoo account,
I think the platform should be the Yahoo IM. Let’s try to all get into
the same chat session to see how it works for all the participants.
Lurkers will be welcome too. If all goes well we can attempt our first
contest. If it fails, we can just declare it to be a test run.

I also like Anthony’s idea of using a shared spreadsheet for scheduling.
I was thinking of something like that too but am still not sure how best
to do that. I was thinking of proposing 3 or more dates, times, puzzles,
and macro rules and letting everyone vote on their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
choices for each; plus the ability to veto dates and times that are
impossible for them. If more than one date/time combination is possible
for everyone then we take the most popular combination. I’ve added a
second table to Anthony’s spreadsheet
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjSunS8HRVh4dDA1cEEwZ0owYmR0dnVTRWFweGNFcFE&hl=en&authkey=CNing-8J>.
Try entering your data into both tables and let’s see what works.

-Melinda