Message #1052

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Magic Tile again
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:59:22 -0000

Roice,
I’ve missed the "double pyraminx" because it should give "planar" tile - {6,3}, 8 colors. But now I see that it’s an excellent opportunity to check my theory - and this theory doesn’t work! We cannot "upgrade" 4-colored {6,3} to 8 colors, but easily design 12-colored tile. So it’s some "triple pyraminx" but with only double size of face.
I’m investigating {9,3} patterns now. And sometimes I fill that there exists 12-color tile (and 16-color) and sometimes not. It’s difficult to understand hyperbolic transitions of plane, but very interesting…

Andrey