Message #1033

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 3^4 solved by a 12 year, 7 month, 16 day and 22 hours old! :3
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 14:12:01 -0700

deustfrr wrote:
> 1. Oh yeah, and how did you find out the product using the universal code?

Um, Google?
BTW I rather enjoyed saying that to a kid because I’m so used to be the
one who doesn’t automatically think of first attempting to answer all
questions with a web search.

> 2. After an attempt at the 4^4, I’ll try the 3^4, BUT
> it won’t be colourful, it’ll be "shadeful"!
> starting from 0,0,0 to 255,255,255, with intervals of 32 !
> 3. Always put a space between a number and an exclamation mark unless you’re stating a factorial ;^) XD

Yeah, I thought of that as I wrote it but English punctuation simply
isn’t rich enough to support the precision that I’d like. I guess I have
to reorder my words and say good luck with your 4^24 solution! :D

BTW, regarding the 2^4, there is no way to perform edge twists directly.
You might be able to solve just the corners of a 3^4 and then edit the
log file to be a 2^4 solution. The edge twists are supported by the
model code but not by the UI and I don’t feel like spending more time
supporting edge-length 2 puzzles than I have to.

-Melinda