Message #995

From: Andrey <andreyastrelin@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Sub-100K for 3^7
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 00:52:36 -0000

Melinda, thank you!
Somehow I’m sure that I’ll not try to solve 3^6 in the nearest future. Even if it’ll take 5 days, it’s too much for me now. And there are too much challenges ahead: 4^5, some 4D puzzles (like {3}x{3},4), maybe 120cell (but I’m not sure about it), implementation of 24cell and 5D simplex…
Strange thing is that solving of 3^7 doesn’t mean that you can solve 3^4 or 3^3 :) If you reduce higher dimensonal puzzle to lower dimensional you restrict your set of operations and may meet parity or orientation problem. And if one is able to walk around it in 7D, e.g if he designs macros for transposition of two stickers of single cubie - and 3-cycle of stickers of corner, he still will not be able to use them in 3D :) And "14 of them" - do you include there 2^1? :D

There is another kind of confusion - how to count 5D solutions of MC7D… In one sense they are same 5D puzzles, in another interface of MC7D is very different from MC5D.

Good luck in everything!

Andrey