Message #989

From: matthewsheerin <damienturtle@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Sub-100K for 3^7
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:36:01 -0000

Not checked the log yet (I’m solving just now) but I’m not sure I have to, I think we trust you enough by now. Congratulations for being the first to solve the 7D cube!!! You certainly deserve it with your activity recently. I wasn’t sure if someone would beat you to it (I think Anthony was trying too) given that you were also finishing the program, but you achieved both, which makes it all the more impressive!! Is anyone making a HOF for this? 3x3x3x3x3x3x3: programmed and first solved by Andrey Astrelin, the newcomer taking the MC4D world by storm, and who then turned out to have started before anyone else did and re-invented the first 3^4 solve. I can only hope you improve your repertoir around here, and wish you the best of luck in the process :). Now back to MC7D to try and catch up.

Congrats again Andrey!!

Matt