Message #939

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] MC7D v0.11
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:47:24 -0700

I’ll bet that we’ll never know about all possible intelligent life in
the universe because there are so many places and forms in which it can
hide. At the same time I can’t help but wonder.

As to other higher dimensional Rubik puzzle communities on this planet,
I suppose that is possible though I doubt that they could exist and be
unaware of us. They would clearly have to be intelligent, and the MC4D
site is just too easy to find. Andrey wrote a 4D Rubik analog over 20
years ago just like Don and I did. There was no web at that time so it
was easy to see how we didn’t know about each other’s work but these
days a Google search of the term "4D" alone will return our main site as
the second link. I suppose that there could be other lone 4D puzzle
developers unaware of our group and there could be closely related
groups such as speed cubers and theorists who may not care that much
about our focus but I find it hard to imagine that there would be
another higher dimensional puzzle-solving community that hasn’t stumbled
upon us.

-Melinda