Message #851

From: alexander.sage@jacks.sdstate.edu
Subject: RE: [MC4D] Re: Introducing "MagicTile"
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:10:09 -0600

As far as klein’s quartic, what is happening is that if you solve a single face, then solve all layers bordering that face, and continue, then on a megaminx (or any other platonic solid besides a pyramid) you will eventually get to a single layer left to solve. if you try to start from one face on the {7,3}, and solve every face bordering it, then every face bordering what you have solved, you will end up with multiple unsolved faces. essentially, there seems to be more than one face that is the maximum distance from the first face.

I noticed something unfortunate. tthe random seed looks like it resets, so I always seem to get the same puzzle every time I open the program, unless I continue to shuffle it by using a couple extra five twists. Could you make a random seed that saves itself?