Message #796

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Records: Now with moar images!
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:10:17 -0800

Dear Cubists,

I had been thinking that we really needed to sex-up the records and
puzzle pages with images, so I took some screen shots of the {5}x{4} in
several lengths, uploaded them to the wiki, and inserted the appropriate
one into each length section of the {5}x{4} puzzle page
<http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/Pentagonal_Duoprism> and one example
into the records page <http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/MC4D_Records>.
I think that this turned out quite well and would like to propose that
we do this in general. I would be very grateful if someone would do this
for the rest of the puzzles. This would be a great way for a
non-programmer/non-solver to make a valuable contribution to this
project. I’ll be happy to offer suggestions on how to capture, edit,
upload, and format images if anyone has questions.

In related news, notice that the {5}x{4} records now includes the first
length-5 solution by Christopher Locke
<http://wiki.superliminal.com/wiki/User:Vega12#vega12-5_4_2PentagonalDuoprism.281316.29>.
Well done Christopher!!

-Melinda