Message #795

From: Brandon Enright <bmenrigh@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Introduction
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:33:42 +0000

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:07:18 +0000 or thereabouts Craig Durward
<craigdurward@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone

[…snip…]

> finished the 4^4 on Thursday. I’ve just started the 5^4 which is
> proving to be tough, mainly because I can’t see where the
>
> bits are supposed to be! Being colourblind is a bit of a disadvantage
> too - it’s difficult to find 8 colours that look sufficiently
> different for me to distinguish easily.

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your 4^4 and 5^4 solve. I just
finished my first 5^4 about an hour ago (isn’t up yet) thinking I’d
land in the 13th spot ;-) You beat me by a few hours it seems. You
totally deserve it though, I can’t imagine trying to solve colorblind.
I had so much trouble finding the colors in the edge triplet creation
phase.

I was planning on taking on the 6^4 but this one took me about 20 hours
so without piece finding and other aids I don’ think I will.

Regards,

Brandon