Message #693

From: Klaus <klaus.weidinger@yahoo.com>
Subject: 3^4 parity problems
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:41:44 -0000

Hi everyone,

I’m currently trying to do the 3^4 in as few twists as possible and I think this could get a really good try. But at the moment I’m stuck with some constellation that I could solve, but which would take about 40 twists which would really worsen the result. So I’m looking for a shorter solution to the folling problem:

I’m doing corners first, so I’m only concerned about the 4c-pieces. I’ve already solved 12 of the 16 corners and the rest of them (arranged in a square) is already oriented but the have to be rotated 180°. That means I need to twist half of the pieces on one face around 180°.
If you don’t understand what I mean, I’ve added an image to the photo section. Just disregard all but the 4c-pieces and you get what I mean.

I hope you can help me with this problem because otherwise I won’t get a good turn count with this cube and I’ll have to try another shuffle which is very time consuming.

Have a nice twist,
Klaus