Message #667

From: David Smith <djs314djs314@yahoo.com>
Subject: Paper Update
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:30:27 -0000

Hello everyone,

It’s been a while, so I thought I should update the group on my progress with my paper. Obviously, I didn’t finish it over Spring Break! I have once again been distracted by school and other projects, but now that summer is starting I plan to return to it as soon as possible. I have completed 7 out of 13 sections, and have tried to ensure that everything is as clear and accurate as possible. Roice has helped me very much in this regard, providing many corrections and suggestions, and in one case completely eliminating a line of reasoning that I had come up with, so my thanks go out to him.

I am still planning to write a paper on the n^5 cube and to try to discover an n^d formula after this paper is completed. I am hopeful that the paper and my other work will be a positive contribution to the group, and that the paper will shed some light on my formula for those who choose to read it.

Also, thanks Roice for letting us know about the void and mirror cubes, I’m going to get both of them! I also like the idea of solving the mirror cube blindfolded, Melinda.

I look forward to sharing my paper with everyone, hopefully it will not be too much longer. :)

Best wishes,
David