Message #397

From: markoram109 <markoram109@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Predictions
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:06:22 -0000

Hi RemiQ,

Thank-you for your comments, although (unless I’m missing
something!) I count now 10 names on the Hall of Insanity list for
the 3^5 solution. Also, for some reason there seem to be clusters of
solutions coming out every 7 months or so: does this mean we have to
wait until Feb 2008 for the next set of 3 or 4 solutions?

I guess talk of a 6-D version was inevitable, but I agree with you
that we don’t need to be too troubled in our sleep by it just yet.
Perhaps we would even need holographic 3-D computer screens first to
have any relaistic hope of creating a workable representation of
such an entity?

— In 4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com, "Remigiusz Durka" <thesamer@…>
wrote:

> Great job Mark. Welcome on the board. So… There is now 9 people
who managed with 5D cube. Nice! Lately I was joking with Michal
Wizner that there should be deal with Roice: If all 5D cubes be
solved (from 2^5 to 5^5) Roice should start working on creating 6D
cube but not before. I think it is good deal. My laptop has problems
with 4^5 (1,6 Ghz, 0,5 GB RAM) so we can sleep well not troubled by
existance of 6D rubik cube:)

> As you pointed Mark:
>
> "I ended up hiding the +U, -U and +V faces, and setting the
parameters
> of the 5-D version to give a representation similar to the 4-D
cube projection.
> This I found workable, whereas other settings made everything too
confusing."

> In my first concept of 5D cube I put +U and -U disconnected from
the cube and hanging next to it (and I’ve moved +V down -> changing
projection into unfolded cube).

> When you start with default view in MC5D it is really hard to get
started with solving. I did the same settings (and as far as I know
others the same) and in one case just suggesting setting like this
let this person solving the whole cube in less than 2 weeks).