Message #395

From: Remigiusz Durka <thesamer@interia.pl>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Conquered Everest?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 18:45:31 +0200

Great job Mark. Welcome on the board. So… There is now 9 people who managed with 5D cube. Nice! Lately I was joking with Michal Wizner that there should be deal with Roice: If all 5D cubes be solved (from 2^5 to 5^5) Roice should start working on creating 6D cube but not before. I think it is good deal. My laptop has problems with 4^5 (1,6 Ghz, 0,5 GB RAM) so we can sleep well not troubled by existance of 6D rubik cube:)

As you pointed Mark:

"I ended up hiding the +U, -U and +V faces, and setting the parameters
of the 5-D version to give a representation similar to the 4-D cube projection.
This I found workable, whereas other settings made everything too confusing."

In my first concept of 5D cube I put +U and -U disconnected from the cube and hanging next to it (and I’ve moved +V down -> changing projection into unfolded cube).

When you start with default view in MC5D it is really hard to get started with solving. I did the same settings (and as far as I know others the same) and in one case just suggesting setting like this let this person solving the whole cube in less than 2 weeks).

I even suggested two defaults views. Maybe Roice you consider this in the future version.

Maybe we could consider 4D version of others puzzles? Pyraminx 4D :) for example.

Keep hypersolving,

RemiQ