Message #396

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Conquered Everest?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 09:59:17 -0700

Mark,

When I spoke about still-higher peaks I was still talking about the
metaphoric types. Most specifically, there are still the 5^4 and the
seductively symmetric 5^5 still waiting to be climbed. Judging from your
description of the difficulty of solving the 3^5 I still stand by my
prediction that we’re likely to see exactly one solution to the 5^5. It
sounds like it could take most of a year to accomplish that and it’s
hard to imagine more than one person finishing it unless perhaps we end
up with a race. Either way it sounds awful but remember, any first
solution will only happen once! ;-)

Thank you for your description of the process. It made it possible for
me to get an idea of how one might actually solve a 5D cube which until
now just seemed like a miracle.

-Melinda