Message #269

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Slashdotted
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 00:52:45 -0700

It’s been great for the Superliminal site too with roughly half of
Roice’s traffic. In the last 2 days it saw over a third of a million
hits from over 83,000 user sessions though only 7 GB of downloads
compared to his 50+. I’m *really* glad that both of our hosts withstood
the onslaught. The first day gave about 50 times my normal traffic, and
at the end of the second day I’m still getting 10x normal.. In all there
were roughly 13,000 downloads of the full application and 44,000
downloads of the applet version. Not too much in the way of email but a
little, plus 2 new members to our little group (welcome you guys!!). I
wouldn’t be surprised to see a few new solutions over the next few weeks.

I didn’t see the giant secondary spike that Roice did though there was a
little blip around the same time. I’ve attached the graph from the first
day.

-Melinda