Message #268

From: Roice Nelson <roice@gravitation3d.com>
Subject: Slashdotted
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:44:25 -0500

Hey guys,

Melinda got MC5D and MC4D slashdotted Sunday morning! I thought you might
be interested in some web stats. Mine only get updated once a day, so this
only represents 18 hours of data, but it is still staggering compared to my
usual measly traffic. There were 100,446 visits to my site and 20,895
downloads of MC5D. In less than 1 day, I had way more visitors than if you
were to add up all visitors in the 3+ years I’ve been running this site.
There were also over 500k hits and about 50 GB of data transfer.

The link to Melinda’s post is here:
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/04/1211220

The hourly usage graph (pacific time) for June was also interesting, so I
attached it. It is easy to see when the post happened :) I guess the
second spike represents Asia waking up.?.

Roice