Message #261

From: Roice Nelson <roice@gravitation3d.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Shortest
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:25:12 -0500

RemiQ,

I had done a post about it, but I guess that might have been before you
joined the group. I just looked it up though, and you can get to it here:

It was based on a sequence Matt Young had figured out to create a new
shortest solution. His post was here:

If you are interested in studying what we did, there might be other relevant
posts around that time too.

I think my last effort is just about at the limit of what I can do, though
randomness will give solution lengths a certain distribution. I thought
when someone breaks it next time, it would be a good excuse to try to write
a 3^4 computer solver that was efficient, which is why I found Don’s program
really interesting. If it was successful, the discussion of whether it
would even count or not would have to take place :)

Roice