Message #214

From: Remigiusz Durka <thesamer@interia.pl>
Subject: Re: Shortest 2^4 (138 twists)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:39:23 +0100

Hello to all!

It’s been a while since I did something in hypersolving ;)

My last results in timesolving is 28min 45,51sek ( solve 3x3x3x3 from 28th
of December with first prepeard macros)

I haven’t solved 3^4 since December…I hope soon I will back to
hyperspeedsolving.

—————————————————
I’m writing because I broke another record:

Shortest solution 2^4

136 twists !!!!

(2^4 has difrent way of control, I can’t use clicking on 3coloured pieces ->
so from one click I had to make 3 clicks..

(II 4C serie has 36 twists on 3^4…but on 2^4 -> 3*36=108)

That’s why I haven’t used these algorithms (only 2 from 3Dcube;) and a lots
of (very a lot) staring at monitor…
(I haven’t used macros as well)

As Melinda suggested: Perhaps there’s sholud be a special modifier key you
can hold down to
specify a corner twist. Otherwise it doesn’t compare fairly to the other
length puzzles (it’s few times harder whiout corner twists)

With that special key I could go under 100 twists…(without this: 136
twists is a real damn good result..)

I almost fry my brain on this solution (10 h sitting on this during the
whole month…)

55 twists and I had half of 2^4 in corect place and orientation (less than 7
twist on every corner!)

Finish was terrible (If I could get corner twist I would use 8 twist
algorithm..but without this I had to think more like computer
(I didn’t want to use translated alg from 3^4 which had 24 moves)

I invented new method on 2^4…I was making columns from 2 corners…

Hypercube seeing that way is just 4+4 columns …

In section with photos there is a picture

————

Bye,
R.D.

(there was problem with text so I post this second time…Sorry)

Toshiba i FIFA World Cup
Wygraj bilety i notebooki z Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology
http://link.interia.pl/f1912