Message #205

From: Don Hatch <hatch@plunk.org>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] I’m back!
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:11:28 -0700

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 01:23:03PM -0700, Melinda Green wrote:
> thesamer@interia.pl wrote:
>
> >Few suggests:
> >
> >——————————————-
> >Some time ago I also reported :
> >
> >-make linux version SLOWER…(5x5x5x5 has good tempo …but 2x2x2x2 is crazy…just like looking on changing snapshots)

The documentation describes 3 ways of slowing it down, I think.

> This and all sorts of other user preferences should be relatively easy
> to support in a Java version.
>
> >-Could I ask about puting more options to the program instead comannd line options ?
> >

> I would like to support both. I.E. persistent user preferences which can
> be overridden with command-line options. I already have the code to
> handle this sort of thing.
>
> >- I would be very happy to see all axis with the same flexibility (I need this when I’m doing quick solve with macros)
> >
> >The lack of moving z-axis is really annoying (i like windows version…
> >

> The new version will likely support the current Windows screen rotations.

I hope this will be optional… I dislike the moving z axis as much as y’all dislike
the non-moving one.

> >- there are problems with making macros which starts from middle slices (or using two slices)
> >

> Don will need to comment on macro support.

Hmm, I’m trying it right now and sometimes, but not always,
when I get to the "Enter the moves of the macro" part,
it doesn’t seem to recognize the number keys…
until I move the window a bit; then it always recognizes them after
that. Is that the bug you are talking about?

Don

Don Hatch
hatch@plunk.org
http://www.plunk.org/~hatch/