Message #130

From: Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Some questions
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:17:52 -0400

Don Hatch <hatch@plunk.org> wrote:

> When solving the cube, I generally adjust tilt and twirl until I
> like them, and just leave them there so I don’t get disoriented. I
> do make very frequent use of the 90 degree 3d rotations that are
> available though– to get these, hold down the 1,2,3 keys like a
> chord, and click on a sticker. (1,2,3,4 if it’s the 4x4x4x4 puzzle,
> etc.)

A shortcut for this is to just shift-click on any cell. This will
give you a 90, 120, or 180 degree rotation of the entire puzzle, just
like holding down 1,2,3 (or 1,2,3,4, etc.).

Also, in addition to using x/X/y/Y to rotate, you can click and drag
with SHIFT-middle or CTRL-middle button.

This information gets printed to the terminal from which you started
the puzzle when you type the "h" key. Yes, I know it’s not that clean
to have a graphical program write to standard output. Oh well. :-)
Anyway, there’s lots of good information to be seen by typing "h".

–Jay

Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>