Message #117

From: David Vanderschel <DvdS@Austin.RR.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Nate Bergland
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:45:21 -0500

On Tuesday, April 05, "Melinda Green" <melinda@superliminal.com> wrote:
>Guy Padfield wrote:
>> <>He seems to be alive and well here:
>> http://www.math.gatech.edu/~berglund/.

>thanks guy!
>i’ve updated the page.

OK. Thanks Melinda. So that problem is solved now.
I am embarrassed that I did not do yet another search
before I posted my query. I find him now with no
difficulty. But I really did try on two previous
occasions last year, searching on both "Nate Berglund"
and "Rubik’s Hypercube" both at Google and Alta Vista,
and came up empty. (I don’t think I was misspelling
his name on those previous occasions because I did
find some links that were no longer functional.)

As it turns out, he had also updated his program from
the version I had, which was his beta from late 1999.
The one on his Web page is still old - March, 2000 -
but at least it is version 1.00.

I will attempt to contact Nate in case no one else
has already done so.

Regards,
David V.

PS - It may be noted that, with the new format for
Groups at Yahoo, the home page for 4D_Cubing no longer
exhibits MC4D’s view of the Hyper Cube. I tried to
restore it by putting in an explicit reference to the
.gif as it exists on the Superliminal site, but Yahoo
is apparently no longer accepting content references
from other sites. The link to the MagicCube4D site
still works though.