Message #93

From: Matt Young <indigowombat@indigowombat.com>
Subject: For your consideration
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 03:50:50 -0700

A new solution of the 3^4 MagicCube4D, solved in 467 twists, has been uploaded to the "Files" section of this Yahoo group. This beats the existing record for the shortest such solution by 28 twists, if my calculations are correct.

Amusingly, about 2 twists before finishing this solution, my computer video output died and I had to spend about half an hour swapping out my video card with an older one before I could go back to my last save and complete the solution.

My brain kind of hurts, and it’s way past my bedtime. I’m going to bed now.

–Matthew A. Young