Message #4221

From: pauloliver.timmons@gmail.com
Subject: Minimal number of pieces affected via a slice move in n-dimensions
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 12:59:31 +0000

My question relates to three divisions per side.
Is it possible to move just eight "pieces" in 4D? It looks like this should be possible by moving four 3-coloured cubies and four 2-coloured cubies (using either the smaller cube jnside or the larger outside cube). Slice move only so no 4-coloured pieces affected.
Although this option is not implemented in the MC4D model ? But perhaps my understanding is flawed. Please can someone illuminate - I am particularly interested in higher than four dimensions also i.e. could one always move a layer just affecting eight pieces in isolation (ignoring the piece that exposed no stickers)
Paul