Message #4152

From: mananself@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Non-associative "twisty" puzzles
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 16:32:19 -0700

I find that you only need to expand the generators by one, adding only (i*h) to {i, j, h}, and you can rely on individual generators in every step to solve the puzzle. The space of the puzzle is only 240 after all.

I think of such prepared expressions like this as "macros". We can rely on native generators and macros in each step to solve the puzzle. I think if we have a larger non-associative puzzle, we need to prepare more "macros". But I don’t think macros removes the non-associativity of the puzzle.

Nan