Message #4146

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Macro Reference Stickers
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 15:21:26 -0500

Hi,

I just peeked at the relevant MC4D code
<https://github.com/cutelyaware/magiccube4d/blob/188d2e45ef62bacdd2f0c991b2d2a329a2d96395/src/com/superliminal/magiccube4d/Macro.java#L165>
see what is saved out, and unfortunately, there is not an easy way to map
what is in the macro file to stickers on the screen. There is a section in
parenthesis that starts with g (for "grip") that has the reference clicks,
e.g.

(g 4 5 7)

The integers that follow are the internal IDs of the grips (not exactly
one-to-one with stickers). Those IDs
<https://github.com/cutelyaware/magiccube4d/blob/188d2e45ef62bacdd2f0c991b2d2a329a2d96395/src/com/superliminal/magiccube4d/PolytopePuzzleDescription.java#L1152>
are a number dependent on how the slicer carved up the particular puzzle
and not easily decipherable to a human.

If you tend to use the same reference stickers for your macros, you could
write out some test macro files with what you suspect you used and compare
indices. That’s the best option I could think of here.

Roice