Message #4128

From: lucas.denhof.58@gmail.com
Subject: Physical 2x2x2x2: algorithm that fixes a single 180° twist
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 16:01:58 +0000

Hey everyone, I am the 9th solver of the physical 2x2x2x2 and have recently joined this group. I wanted to show you an algorithm I found that basically flips only one side of the cube 180˚.
You can see the algorithm here: https://youtu.be/ru_OgVwlfKE https://youtu.be/ru_OgVwlfKE
I researched and have just found a quicker way of solving the 3d cube part of it by using a simple 2x2x2 solver.
Instead of using this on both sides on both cubes: R’ F R’ B2 R F’ R’ B2 R2 (36 moves long)
I can now do this: R2 U F2 U2 R2 U R2 (28 moves long)

Let me know if one of you finds a way to shorten it even more somehow.
Thanks,
~Lucas