Message #4118

From: Marc Ringuette <ringuette@solarmirror.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 2x2x2x1: Gyro rotations, and seeking the equivalent 4D cuboid
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 13:27:40 -0700

Hi, Luna, thanks for the help in trying to spec out how to squeeze the
2x2x2x1 into the virtual 2^4 by bandaging and recoloring.

Yes, I like your two sequences as candidates for the physical 2x2x2x1
RFro gyro and its equivalent macro in the virtual version.

For bandaging on the virtual puzzle, I was thinking to allow the turns
RO, LO, FO, BO, UO, DO, and the RFro gyro macro sequence, and treat pink
and purple as the same color.

I like how it looks when I zoom the "Eye W Scale" knob to flatten the
I/O dimension, to reflect that the I and O stickers of the RLIOFB faces
remain identically colored.  We have to imagine the pieces of the In
face poking out through the corners.

I need to try making some moves and then doing a gyro.

Yes!  This seems to be working, the two puzzles track each other! Pic
and initial simplistic macro file attached.

I even made a bonus macro for the M S sequence, although I haven’t
settled on how to handle the junctions-out states.  I don’t think it’ll
be particularly difficult, though.

Cheers
Marc