Message #4108

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 2x2x2x2: mini-puzzle "twisty stacky 2^3"
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 22:53:28 -0700

How clever you are, Marc! That’s a neat little puzzle. Some questions immediately come to mind:

* Is "twisty stacky 2^3" the name or the description?
* Have you solved it?
* Does it have any relation to the 2^4 or any other puzzles? Your monoflip seems to hint at such a thing.
* How does the difficulty compare to both the 2^3 and the 2^4?
* Exactly how useful is it as a stepping stone to the full puzzle? I love how the puzzle currently doubles as a simple take-apart puzzle for young children, and is probably where even active cubers should start simply to get more familiar with the topology. Your puzzle may fit very nicely in difficulty between take-apart and full puzzle.
* When solving this puzzle, can it be easily reduced to a pure 2^3, or are the restacking moves more integral? And does that even matter?

The last question will probably take some time to answer, but perhaps you or other list members will be able to inform the other questions.

What a nice little bonus puzzle!

-Melinda