Message #4069

From: Andy F <legomany3448@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 2x2x2x2: Monoflip demo side-by-side with MC4D [2 Attachments]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 13:19:56 -0400

Hey all,

Nice job with the monoflip, Marc! I love seeing the wall of macro buttons
on the side there. Do you know if it’s feasible (and worthwhile) to do a
gyro move using your ROIL set? Certainly a quick *Iy Oy’* could suffice if
the rest of the cube doesn’t need to be preserved.

The *Iy* macro looks like RKT-ified F2 U2 R2 F2 U2 y2 z (equivalent to (F
B) R2 U2 B2 R2), which is a very bizarre algorithm. I’ll try not to use it
too heavily in solves, but once or twice seems reasonable. Interestingly,
performing *Iy Oy’* on the virtual puzzle corresponds to the 4-move
sequence Ro2 Uo2 Bo2 Ro2, when I would have expected something more
analogous to RKT algorithm.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 8:23 PM, Marc Ringuette ringuette@solarmirror.com
[4D_Cubing] <4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> [Attachment(s) <#m_-7951551659073962114_TopText> from Marc Ringuette
> included below]
>
> Hi gang,
>
> I’m psyched at getting my new macros sorted! The first of these videos
> is well worth a click. It’s one of the best I’ve done, I think. I
> demonstrate my fairly nice monoflip algorithm on both the 2x2x2x2 and
> then, using the identical algorithm, on MC4D.
>
> In the other two vids, which the non-detail-oriented people can skip, I
> give more detail on the most important MC4D macro (the Iy non-canonical
> twist) and on the macros for the subcube moves using a buffer (this is
> like the "RKT" style, for old-time MC4Ders). I’ve put all these videos
> into a new puzzles only channel in case you want to subscribe.
>
> 27 Monoflip demo side-by-side with MC4D 7m35s
> https://youtu.be/k6ZSu0xOPbQ
> 28 The Iy macro 4m38s
> https://youtu.be/zaYY7T1zwE0
> 29 Details of the subcube move macros 4m25s
> https://youtu.be/tGRXhZBW8U4
>
> I’ve attached two files to this mail: my facecolors.txt and the macros
> used in the demo.
>
> I’m excited!
>
> Marc

"Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily
available, they will create their own problems." - Scott Adams