Message #4061

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] 2x2x2x2: a few algs and an example solve
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 23:31:57 -0700

That’s so cool, Marc! Best of all it puts you among the first 10 official solvers at number 8. And so much goodness within these videos. I love your single piece flip and the way you so casually perform twists in the spooky projection <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4lqDkDJ4Yo&feature=youtu.be&t=4m4s> which hurts my brain. I’m also curious about that crazy solve you did where you placed all the pieces and then oriented them all in place and hope you’ll make a video walk through of that method. It may not be a useful solution method but it’s certainly a good exercise of a handy technique.

In unrelated news, a crazy YouTube celebrity Miguel Gimenez in Spain bought a puzzle and made a wonderful video introduction in Spanish <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHC6iR_DUM>. I had seen his work before but didn’t realize this was him until he told me about his new video. He has an astounding 1.2 million subscribers and his video already has over 100,000 views and 1,000 comments! He appears to have done a very careful job though I can’t tell how accurate it is. If one of you understands the puzzle and also speaks Spanish, please let me know what you think. He told me he plans to allow community subtitle submissions, so if anyone wants to attempt that, please let him know, and of course let us know because I’m eager to read it myself.

Now back to Marc with congratulations on securing his prime spot in the 2x2x2x2 HOF! Very nicely done, Marc!

Happy puzzling!
-Melinda