Message #4026

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Erno Rubik contemplating Melinda’s 2x2x2x2
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 17:12:06 -0500

Hi all,

Last week, some of us were at the 13th Gathering for Gardner, a conference
for math, puzzling, magic, and other topics in the spirit of Martin Gardner
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Gardner>’s interests. This time, *Erno
Rubik attended as well!* I had brought along my copy of Melinda’s physical
2x2x2x2 and loaned it to Bob Hearn to show to Erno. One of the attendees
(Doug Ensley) happened to snap a pic of Bob showing it to Professor Rubik,
a very cool thing to see. We thought you all would enjoy too.

From this group, I got to meet Bob Hearn, Brandon Enright, and Carl Hoff.
It was really cool to have this rare chance to speak in person. I wonder if
there were other 4D_Cubing members there that I was not aware of.

Best,
Roice