Message #3998

From: Luna Harran <scarecrowfish@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: The physical 2x2x2x2 as seen by a ‘regular’ cuber.
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 23:20:51 +0000

That’s pretty cool. I was thinking about doing it that way, but
transferring the twists is a pain in my opinion. I don’t know which is
faster though.

Yeah, those I/O moves can be awkward, but I think they’re easier to
understand than constantly rotating back and forth.

RKT refers to manipulating one cell as a 3d puzzle by using only rotations
of it and one adjacent face. The classic example in MC4D is manipulating
the I cell of an n^4 as an n^3 by only using I and R moves. The R moves are
in the axis perpendicular to the I cell, which is achieved by clicking the
out side of the R cell in MC4D. This has the effect of turning a layer of
the I cell, and rotating the I cell places different "faces" of it on the
right side to be turned with the R cell. It’s the equivalent of turning
RUR’U’ into R z R z’ R’ z R’ z’, if that makes any sense. Try it on a 3d
puzzle using rotations and R moves and you should get a feel for it.

The distinction between a face and a layer is very similar on a 4d puzzle
as on a 3d puzzle. A face would be solving all the stickers on one cell,
for example getting all yellow stickers on the right cell. A layer would
also solve all the adjacent stickers, for example my solve on one 2^3
directly on the physical puzzle. If I had only separated out the outer
colours, it would be a face, and the 2^3 not yet solved is still a face. I
hope that’s clear.

~Luna

On 22 Feb 2018 07:24, "pentaquark394@yahoo.ca [4D_Cubing]" <