Message #3995

From: Luna Harran <scarecrowfish@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Andrey biography and code
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 23:10:18 +0000

Hello everyone,

I don’t know if this is helpful, but I’ve attempted the task of modernising
Andrey’s DirectX using SharpDX, and my progress so far is here:
https://github.com/Sonicpineapple/MPUlt

Unfortunately, it still isn’t in a working state, but I have brought an
initial 90 odd errors down to 5 or so. The reason those are still left is
because I haven’t been able to use SharpDX.Toolkit, but apparently that can
be installed on Visual Studio, and maybe someone with more DirectX
experience than me could find a way around it anyway. (I’m stuck on Linux
right now using MonoDevelop, so I can’t even run the original program. :( )

This may be useless to you all, but I thought I’d get the ball rolling if
no-one else had started yet.

And as a side note, I’m quite a fan of the quirky shading. It’s easy on the
eyes. :D

~Luna