Message #3982

From: mananself@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Puzzle Group Centers and Superflips
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 23:42:38 +0000

This is interesting.

I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVf8e_8DTSc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVf8e_8DTSc about a Rubik’s cube trick related to this group property. Note that although it looks like a blindfold solve, it has nothing to do with it.

The only interesting thing I’ve found so far is the Rubik’s cube with 2 generators: scramble and solve a Rubik’s cube with only U and R moves. The size of the center of this group is 3. The operations to rotate all 6 corners (U and R only touches 6 corners) all clockwise, or all counter-clockwise, or doing nothing (identity), are in the center.

Nan