Message #3966

From: Luna Peña <scarecrowfish@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Fwd: Rubik-like puzzle
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 01:02:56 +0000

I have come up with a method for both the 5,5,1,1 and the 6,6,2,2, as well
as a program that can solve any of the puzzles in Arnaud’s program
optimally. Unfortunately, it is now very late at night, and I don’t have
the time to detail it now, but I’ll be sure to share it tomorrow.

Also, you should let Arnaud know that if his ‘permute’ button just places
the beads in random locations, then it’s generating unsolvable positions. I
spent an hour trying to figure out how to do a 2-cyle on the 5,5,1,1, but
now I’m pretty sure it’s impossible, and after only using the random move
button, it doesn’t show up.

~Luna

On 16 Jan 2018 17:13, "Roice Nelson roice3@gmail.com [4D_Cubing]" <