Message #3963

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Cooperative Solving of Large Puzzles
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 00:30:23 -0600

That’s a good point. There is still a commutative requirement (order can’t
matter if multiple people are working simultaneously then merging). But
you are definitely right to point out that things don’t have to commute at
the level of macros, or over the entire length of the solve. Only the sets
of state changes being worked on in parallel at a given time must commute.
My suspicion about the commutator subgroup was definitely not accurate.

Cheers,
Roice