Message #3928

From: Luna Peña <scarecrowfish@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] The Any8 moveset
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 19:32:23 +0000

I like the look of this. It involves some macro-moves, but it doesn’t break
parity as far as I can see and seems natural to execute.

~Luna

On 5 Jan 2018 19:22, "Marc Ringuette ringuette@solarmirror.com [4D_Cubing]"
<4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

As a random half-baked suggestion, I present to you:

The Any8 moveset: a move is legal if and only if it consists of taking
the puzzle into two equal convex parts (either two 2x2x2 cubes or two
4x2x1 slabs), rearranging them any way you like including twists and
stacks, and placing them together again forming a 4x2x2 block. Any
such move is legal, and no others.

Since I have previously discovered a full-cube rotation (FUro) that
obeys this constraint, this is a sufficient rule set. I don’t know if
people will like it, but its simplicity has some appeal.

Cheers
Marc