Message #3670

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: Create hypercubing subreddit?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 15:26:11 -0800

Images attached to reddit posts are automatically uploaded to imgur, but that doesn’t bother me because that’s about as permanent place to host images as any. Posting more than one image is possible but much more trouble, requiring an album, but usually one image is enough and they always make posts more interesting and attractive.

Yes, cross-posting and some self-promotion is allowed. A subreddit may well augment rather than replace Yahoo, though I always imagine Yahoo will disappear at some point, but somehow they keep on going. I would love to have a plan for that though.

I don’t know if capitalization matters in subreddit names, but Cubers is capitalized, so Hypercubers probably should be too. The URL should work regardless.

As for the automatic archiving of posts, I hate that too, but I don’t think it would affect us too much because we never seem to reply to threads older than 6 months anyway. But we’ll try it and see. I think it’s a good idea even if it’s not perfect.

-Melinda