Message #3600

From: jldanie5@ncsu.edu
Subject: Introduction, Thoughts, and a Question
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 21:35:26 -0800

Hello Everyone!

I recently finished the 3x3x3x3 and soon after joined the MC4D group. My name is Joshua Daniels, I’m 18 and live in the US. I like to play video games, go camping, and read, but most of my time gets taken up by college these days. Please feel free to send me a message if you’d like to talk!

I really enjoyed the challenge of the 4D cube, and was in disbelief that even after so many years, that I was part of the first 300 solvers in the hall of fame. I primarily used Mr. Nelson’s tutorial, though my own discovery was that exactly half of the face pieces can be solved like the edges of a 3x3. It really sped up my time, and I can explain if there is interest.

My final item is a question: Do you think there would be a large amount of interest in a YouTube tutorial on the cube? It would be primarily Mr. Nelson’s tutorial (with my own step 3 as I said before), but it would be quite an undertaking, and I wouldn’t want to start if there won’t be at least some interest. Please let me know.

Thanks and Happy Cubing,
Joshua Daniels