Message #3528

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Inside a hypercube (and Java Applets)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 14:49:57 -0700

I have use Java Web Start for clients, and it’s a bit fussy to set up
but does work great. It’s probably too much trouble to convert my
applets, involving certificates and code signing, but perhaps the
saddest part is that it doesn’t simply run in the page. It may be a good
idea for serving the full MC4D application since it can get a lot of
people past their aversion to downloading software, but for my applets,
I still dream of resurrection through some sort of easy conversion or
emulation.

Thanks,
-Melinda