Message #3526

From: jeremyfleischman@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Inside a hypercube (and Java Applets)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 11:51:30 -0700

Hey Melinda,

I too, have some legacy Java applets out there on the web, and am very bummed to see them broken now. I’ve played around a lot with Google’s Java to Javascript compiler (GWT http://www.gwtproject.org/), but it doesn’t support the whole Java AWT graphics subsystem, so it forces you to redo a lot of work. Jim Mertens (cc-ed) just told me about CheerpJ http://www.leaningtech.com/cheerpj/index.html, which claims to support AWT, so I’m optimistic that it might help us out! I just signed up to become an early adopter, and will let you know if anything comes of it.