Message #3397

From: Ashton Santee <ashtonsantee@gmail.com>
Subject: [MC4D] Introductions!
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 04:09:56 +0000

Just as Chandler introduced himself I figured we could use this email
thread for further introductions.

My name is Ashton I hail from California USA. My education includes
Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Nevada Reno, and a
Masters in Business Administration from the University of Colorado, Denver.
I love using the problem solving of computer science to solve business
questions. I had seen the 3^4 online a few years ago, but had thought it
would be beyond my level of solving. That was until I saw Mathologer’s
videos breaking down how to solve any twisty puzzle.

I am glad to see that there are about 3 people finishing the 4D cube puzzle
every day now, compared to the previous average of 6 per year. I want to
encourage those who have just finished and are sitting quietly in this
group to use this email thread to introduce themselves. Groups like this
can be great for networking. You can find me on LinkedIn. If anyone has
questions about business math I am always looking for a question to
research and help others when I can.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashtonsantee
On Sat, Jun 25, 2016, 10:22 PM Chandler Meyers chandlerm2016@yahoo.com
[4D_Cubing] <4D_Cubing@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> I recently finished the 3x3x3x3 and was invited to introduce myself here.
> I live in Michigan in the USA and I am 18 years old. I will be attending
> the University of Michigan this fall. For fun, I have enjoyed twisty
> puzzles for years, though it is now a secondary hobby to speedrunning video
> games. I remember seeing the MC4D program years back and never thinking I
> would be able to do it, but after watching Mathologer’s video I realized
> that it wasn’t so bad if I just applied the same algorithms and commutators
> that worked on a 3x3x3 puzzle. Once I got started, it was a fun and
> relatively smooth journey to solving the puzzle. Thanks to him for the
> inspiration and of course to everyone who has contributed to making such an
> awesome program :)

Ashton Santee
916-7766-775