Message #3354

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: MC5D solution stats
Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 22:00:28 -0700

Very nice, Roice! Thanks for the milestone announcement. That is pretty
special.

I decided to try the same with first-time solvers of the 3^4 and put the
result here <http://superliminal.com/cube/trend.html>. It’s not linked
from anywhere because I’m not sure that I want to maintain it. It’s
interesting to note that after an initial gradual exponential period it
also appears to go linear. My wild-assed guess is that the exponential
part ended when it was almost guaranteed that anyone looking for a 4D
Rubik’s cube would find this one. The linear portion then represents the
number of people in the world with both access and sufficient interest.
IOW, it is proportional to the birthrate of eventual MC4D solvers which
I would expect to be nearly linear. But like I said, it’s a pretty
wild-assed guess. Please speak up if you have a different idea.

-Melinda