Message #3187

From: Roice Nelson <roice3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] Re: 120Cell question
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 14:29:18 -0500

There will be no problem. On the 120-cell puzzle, you can swap (or
reorient) two 2C pieces in isolation. See David Smith’s writeup about the
number of permutations for more details:

http://www.gravitation3d.com/magic120cell/Hyperminx_number_of_positions.txt

Also see the historical topics here on parity. A thread started by Levi
titled "Parity on MC m^n" has lots of great discussion:

One last comment. Even if 2C pieces were tied to 3C pieces, you still
probably wouldn’t have a problem on the torus-colored puzzle because there
are multiple pieces with the same sticker colors and many pieces with all
stickers the same color. These could be exchanged or reoriented without
being visually different (to overcome parity constraints), and Magic120Cell
would still consider the puzzle solved.

Roice