Message #3172

From: d_funny007@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: A Time for Everything
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 04:14:44 -0700

In 2002, the program did not have support for greater than length 3 – don’t remember if it even supported length 2 then. I did dabble with the 3^5 when it first came out (I forget when). I played around with it for a few days and gave up because it seemed too unwieldy. A few weeks ago I played around with MC5D again and after a couple hours was able to understand and visualize all the movements. So now I could *probably* solve a 3^5 if I put in enough time. I think I overestimate how long these puzzles take. This might be because the 3^4 solve I did in 2002 took me 3 weeks. But now I could probably solve one in a single sitting.

I would be interested in attempting a 7^4, but I’m waiting for a feature to hide pieces – as my strategy is cores-first.

-Doug