Message #3146

From: Melinda Green <melinda@superliminal.com>
Subject: Re: [MC4D] {4,3,3} 3.2 as a valid puzzle?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 08:43:37 -0700

It’s so you can control the thickness of the edge pieces in puzzles with
pentagons and above. It doesn’t work on squares. Here’s a comment from
the related code:
// Fractional lengths are basically a hack for
pentagons
// and higher gons
// so that the middle edge width can be controlled
// by the user; we don’t want it to apply
// to squares though
Try building "{5,3}x{} 2.8" and play with the fraction to see. The
entire "Invent My Own" thing is some very cool stuff from Don but is
experimental and unsupported.
-Melinda